[CMake] Data dir

Bo Thorsen bo at askmonty.org
Wed Jun 9 08:48:20 EDT 2010

Den 09-06-2010 14:25, Yegor Yefremov skrev:
>> I am working on a CPack/NSIS based installer for MariaDB. The early
>> parts were really easy to do, but now it becomes more complicated.
>>
>> First problem: I have a set of files with the bootstrap MySQL/MariaDB
>> database files. Some users might not want to install these, if they are
>> installing to a set of database files that are already there.
>
> Have you already looked at this article:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

Yes, I already implemented this, and it works very well. However, I
think it's too little. I guess I'm not really certain how the installer
should actually work, which is one of the reasons I'm fishing for an answer.

It think anything less than a page where the user has to answer this
manually will be too subtle for the data dir. I'm happy with this on
stuff like installing header files for installation.

The reason I'm worried is if a user had a previous installation with the
datafiles in there, and installs in the same directory, it might be easy
to overwrite the files.

I think a separate page with three options to choose from

- install new files
- use existing files in the installation directory
- use data files in a separate location

Or something like this. If someone already did something this advanced
with CPack, it would be great to hear about it. I suspect that I'll have
to work directly in the nsis module file to implement this.

Anyway, components doesn't answer the uninstall problem.

Bo Thorsen.
Monty Program AB.

--

MariaDB: MySQL replacement
Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.