[CMake] OpenMP differences between command line and Xcode

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Tue Jun 8 17:27:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

  We¹ve just started building our OpenMP based code using Xcode on Mac OS X
10.6.  When we build using Makefiles with OpenMP turned on (through the
FindOpenMP.cmake module), all goes well.  Under Xcode, however, we are not
linking to the OpenMP libraries.  I tracked this down to a difference in the
final link line.

Under Makefiles we have:

Linking CXX executable ../bin/NoOp
<snip>
/usr/bin/c++    <snip>  -fopenmp

Under Xcode, the ­fopenmp flag is missing.  I suspected that the Makefiles
are using OpenMP_CXX_FLAGS ³under the hood², but the same code is not being
used by the Xcode generator.  Can anyone help out with this issue?

Cheers,
-dan

P.S.  The simple workaround is to set
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-fopenmp
in CMakeCache.txt

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic