[CMake] Fortran 90 module output directories, dependency analysis

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Tue Jun 1 13:22:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:02:29 -0400, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> Jed Brown wrote:
> > Is there a way to specify where generated *.mod files will be placed?
> > Something analogous to CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY?
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#prop_tgt:Fortran_MODULE_DIRECTORY

*Blush*, I don't know how I missed that.  Thanks.

There is still the issue that module files don't get rebuild if they are
deleted,

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `include/petscmat.mod', needed by `CMakeFiles/petscdm.dir/src/dm/f90-mod/petscdmmod.F.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/petscdm.dir/all] Error 2

I don't seem to be able to regenerate the module by any lightweight
procedure (make -B SpecificTarget works).  Perhaps that scenario where
module files are deleted independent of the object/libraries is
artificial, but it's not really correct for the build to break if they
are deleted.

Jed