[CMake] Compaq Visual Fortran

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Thu Jan 28 06:58:30 EST 2010

Hi Brad,

see my answers below

On 2010-01-27 19:18, Brad King wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>> As a first step, we can add Compaq to CMakeFortranCompilerId.F.in.
>> What is the preprocessor macro that identifies it?
>
> I'd like to teach CMake upstream to recognize the Compaq Fortran
> compiler even if we do not provide platform files for it yet.
> CMake already recognizes the Compaq C and C++ compilers using
> the macros __DECC and __DECCXX, respectively.
>
> (1) What macro identifies the Compaq Fortran compiler?

If you turn on the preprocessor option, then a number of macros
are defined, the most useful being:

_DF_VERSION_=660 and _VF_VERSION_==660

(660 for version 6.6 of the Compaq Visual Fortran compiler)

> (2) Does the compiler need a special option to preprocess a source
>     with the extension ".F" (e.g. /fpp)?

Yes, /fpp - MS Windows being a platform that uses a case-preserving
scheme for file names, it makes no sense to distinguish between .F
and .f

The file extensions it typically recognises are: .for, .f and .f90
(in any case).

Regards,

Arjen