[CMake] CUDA, CMAKE, and an attempt to build nbody

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:10:26 EST 2010

The -m64 seems to be a buried unaccessable option due to nvcc_flags variable
within  cmake-2.8.0-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindCUDA.cmake which
generates my nbody_generated_bodysystemcuda.cu.obj.cmake file.  If I try the
wack-a-mole approach:

SET( nvcc_flags "" CACHE STRING "" FORCE )

a whole lota of nothing happens.

I forced this in the build by editing
nbody_generated_bodysystemcuda.cu.obj.cmake and changing:

set(nvcc_flags "-m64")

set(nvcc_flags "")

and this removes it from the build line.  This does not fix my problem, but
it was curious how there was no way to force or change this option.

Brian