[CMake] Subversion_WC_INFO macro should not do SEND_ERROR

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:53:55 EST 2010

On 1/26/10 10:33 AM, Tyler Roscoe wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:23:03AM +0100, Marcel Loose wrote:
>
>> Is that portable? I don't do development on Windows, but I vaguely
>> remember that on Windows the ".svn" directories had a different name,
>> because Windows doesn't really like file- and directory names that start
>> with a dot.
>>
> Windows uses .svn directories at least since svn 1.5.
>
> svn 1.7 will likely change this though -- they're moving to a more
> centralized sqlite database for the metadata store -- so I would not
> recommend any strategy based on the existence of .svn files.
>
> tyler

An alternative, of course, is to implement a function or macro in a
module distributed with CMake, that hides the process of detecting
whether a directory is a svn working copy and can deal with current and
future repository formats.

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
Human-Computer Interaction Graduate Student

rpavlik at iastate.edu
http://academic.cleardefinition.com/