[CMake] Where to read information about XXXCoinfigYYY.cmake mechanism

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 23 12:24:12 EST 2010

On 23.01.10 18:17:27, Eric Noulard wrote:
> Where can I read more on how to write/generate appropriate
> XXXCoinfigYYY.cmake file for a project build with CMake?
>
> I did read:
> cmake --help-command find_package
> cmake --help-command install (most notably the EXPORT related things...)
>
> Is there an example project using/implementing
>  the "complete Config mode" from find package?

KDE4 uses that in some of its modules, for example kdebase/workspace
(websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/), kdepimlibs
(http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs/) and also kdevplatform
(http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/sdk/kdevplatform). Look at the
CMakeLists.txt in the 3 directories and the XXConfig.cmake.in. There's
also a FindXXX.cmake for at least 2 of the 3 modules in kdelibs
(http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/).

Andreas

--
Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.