[CMake] Question about dependencies for install (FILES...)

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Jan 18 16:38:09 EST 2010

On Saturday 16 January 2010, you wrote:
> Thanks ;)
> That will help in this case as flex is fast, but I have the same problem
> with other files which need some time for generation and should not be
> regenerated on any make call. Is there any other way, to create a target
> which requires the files but only recreates them if needed, like
> add_custom_command does?
>
> Greetings
> Christoph
From ADD_CUSTOM_TARGETS():

Dependencies listed with the DEPENDS argument may reference files and outputs
of custom commands created with ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND.

So, you can create a basically empty ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(), and add a dependency
to a generated file via DEPENDS, and then create this file using
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND().

Alex