[CMake] XBox 360 Generator

David Genest david.genest at ubisoft.com
Mon Jan 18 10:52:04 EST 2010

Hi

I started to implement a Xbox360 generator based on the Win 64 GlobalGenerator variation (which is a different platform, treated similarly as a Xbox 360 platform).

Everything is in place (for the visual studio generator as a first step).

When I run the generator, I am "not able to compile a simple test program". The error is related to the wrong linker libraries getting configured. I found that there is a Windows-cl.cmake file that inconditionally sets the base linker libraries to the win32 ones.

I need to set the xbox 360 default linker libraries for my new generator. How would you suggest to to that? Since the Windows-cl.cmake makes assumptions on the fact that every cl will link default windows libraries, how do I override this functionality?

Thank you for your time.

David.