[CMake] FindGTest patch

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sun Jan 17 02:01:36 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Stephan Menzel
<stephan.menzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> please correct me if I'm wrong but in my impression the existing
> FindGTest module is rather ignorant about finding 64 bit builds on
> windows. It also doesn't handle Debug/Release linking very well. Also
> it appears not to be quite consistent with it's API description.
> Please find a patch attached that solves at least some of those
> problems for your consideration.

Thanks for adding the 64-bit support.  I will merge it in soon but
before I do I just wanted to confirm that the path for the 64-bit
libraries is "msvc/x64/Debug" & "msvc/x64/Release" regardless of if
the MD or MT project files are chosen?

Also, not sure exactly what you mean by not handling debug/release
linking very well.  Where did you find that version of FindGTest and
what was wrong with it?  It looks different from the one that was
released with CMake 2.8.0.

Also, The latest version in CMake CVS (with some minor changes from
2.8.0) is here:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/FindGTest.cmake?revision=1.4&root=CMake&view=markup

--
Philip Lowman