[CMake] Problem with current CVS HEAD for creating ZIP with shared lib on Linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:19:57 EST 2010

Hi CMake developers,

[This message is for CMake developers, user-only may skip it entirely
since it may be boring]

Using current CVS HEAD (on Debian Linux host) I'm not able to build a
zip file containing
installed libraries with symbolic links using
set_target_properties(... VERSION ... SOVERSION).

This used to work before (e.g. CMake 2.8.0 does not trigger the bug).

You'll find attached an example project which should (re)produce the bug.
Configure the project and do "make package".
Then look into the CMakeLists.txt and toggle the "set_target_properties" line
to make the bug appear/disappear.

I did not manage to track down which change(s) in the CMake CVS tree
made this happen, but I'm sure some of you will find faster than me.

I may file a bug in the tracker but since CVS HEAD is a moving target...

--
Erk
http://www.april.org