[CMake] Feature requests for CMake-GUI

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 08:44:46 EST 2010

2010/1/14 Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>:

> Exactly, and having simple "VCR-controls" to build and install (and perhaps clean) would be enough for those users. They don't want to look at the IDE or the source code, they just want to build and install. Heck, it would be enough for me in the most cases (I don't like IDE's, I'm a Vim person). As a nice feature one could add a menu-entry to run CPack to create a native installer.
>
> I think that cmake-gui could be the central place to drive simple configuration, build, packaging and installation from. For the fancy stuff the user will have to use the native generator (i.e. everything that can't be driven through cmake and cmake --build), but that's probably OK, these users won't mind.

I like the idea and it seems reasonable however since cmake has two UI:
    cmake-gui
    ccmake
may be it's worth adding those feature to both UI ?

I mean being able to download source run ccmake and end-up with a
installable package
(TGZ, RPM, DEB)  etc... would be nice too.

Todays you may do it with an extra "make package" after you run ccmake
not a big deal
but the UI may let you chose the type of [supported] installer package you want.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org