[CMake] "rule" to generate assembler listings for each c file

Arne Pagel arne at pagelnet.de
Mon Jan 11 16:26:59 EST 2010

 > Are you sure you really need that ?
 > If you enter "make help" in the directory of your target, you will see that
 > there are also rules for building the object files foo.o and also for just
 > generating the assembler files (foo.s).
 > I.e. you can manually enter "make ...path/foo.s" and this will produce the
 > assembler file for you so you can look at it.
 >
 > From my experience this is the typical use case: if something goes wrong, look
 > at the assembler file of the file in question and check whether it makes
 > sense. Do you need it for something else ?

Well, with the compiler Flags I will not have just an assembler file *.s, then I have a list file
with more debug information like high level language comments, symbols an so on.

But you are right, at the moment I have always a list file of the last changed file, I can control
it easily with a dummy change. I didn't know the make help target, thank you for that hint.

But the solution Luca suggest looks very interesting, I will try it out and look if it works.

Best regards
   Arne