[CMake] How to make dependency scanner ignore some paths?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Jan 11 15:53:50 EST 2010

On Monday 11 January 2010, Pavel Shevaev wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Pavel Shevaev <pacha.shevaev at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Guys, what is the best way to to make the dependency scanner ignore some
> > paths?

how long does it take if you don't set include_regular_expression() ?

> Sorry folks, I'm replying to myself.... So, no advice here?
>
> Let me rephrase the original question a bit then: what are the best
> practices to speed up the CMake dependencies scanner?

2.8.0 is a bit faster than previous versions. Did you try that ?

You can of course try to reduce the number of files which have to be scanned
and the number of directories which have to be searched by reducing the
number of include directories and by carefully including only what's really
necessary.

There is currently AFAIK no regexp for skipping paths.
Alex