[CMake] error while stage install of crosscompiled binaries

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Wed Jan 6 18:14:52 EST 2010

Hi

i want to install a cross compiled (build host is a MAC OS X) project
to a temporary state dir to get an archive to distribute the binaries.
The target is win32 (mingw), compiled to be installed at c:/usr as
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
This prefix is used while compile the binaries, so I can't change it.

I think, that when I use DESTDIR while "make DESTDIR=/tmp/cmake
install", the device (C:) should be removed before to use it as part
of a path like this:

STRING(REGEX REPLACE "[A-Za-z:/]" "" CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "$
{CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}")

head cmake_install.cmake
# Install script for directory: /Users/clausklein/Workspace/c/libsmi/
trunk
#
# Set the install prefix
IF(NOT DEFINED CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)
   SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "C:/usr")
ENDIF(NOT DEFINED CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)
STRING(REGEX REPLACE "/$" "" CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "$
{CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}")
. . . .

As you can see,  PREFIX is appended to DESDIR without modification.
which is wrong in this special case.
I am not sure if the file is wrong generated or called with wrong
parameters?

Any ideas about this?

//regards

Claus

This happens on my Mac Os X:
claus-kleins-macbook-pro:build clausklein$ make DESTDIR=/tmp/cmake
install
[ 30%] Built target smi
[ 34%] Built target smidiff
[ 87%] Built target smidump
[ 90%] Built target smilint
[ 94%] Built target smiquery
[100%] Built target smixlate
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:31 (FILE):
   file cannot create directory:
   /tmp/cmake/Users/clausklein/Workspace/c/libsmi/trunk/build/C:/usr/
lib/pkgconfig.
   Maybe need administrative privileges.

make: *** [install] Error 1