[CMake] [BUG] cmake-2.8.0, Unix Makefiles generator creates incorrect module dependency for Fortran 95 if there is an embedded blank in the directory name

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun Jan 3 21:35:26 EST 2010

Hi Brad and Alin:

Here is an example of the bug:

cat CMakeFiles/x02f95.dir/depend.make
# CMAKE generated file: DO NOT EDIT!
# Generated by "Unix Makefiles" Generator, CMake Version 2.8

f95/CMakeFiles/x02f95.dir/x02f.f90.o: "/home/software/plplot svn/installcmake/lib/fortran/modules/plplot/plplot.mod"

The double quotes are not the correct way with GNU make to handle embedded
blanks in a file dependency.  Therefore, the following error message is
generated when running the "make x02f95" command:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target "/home/software/plplot', needed by
f95/CMakeFiles/x02f95.dir/x02f.f90.o'.  Stop.

The fix is to drop the quotes around the
f95/CMakeFiles/x02f95.dir/x02f.f90.o dependency and use an escaped blank
instead.

As far as I can tell, there are no other embedded blank issues with CMake
Fortran 95 support.  For example, when looking through the generated
Makefiles, all other Fortran file dependencies with embedded blanks use the
escaped blank.

If this bug will take some time to fix, let me know, and I will put it in
the bugtracker.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).