[CMake] How to build INSTALL project from the command line?

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Tue Nov 10 17:33:38 EST 2009

That did the trick. I've never used nmake directly before.
Aaron Wright
Software Engineer - DCS Group
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
Pullman, WA 99163
509-334-8087

"Dixon, Shane" <Shane.Dixon at atmel.com>
11/10/2009 02:17 PM

<Aaron_Wright at selinc.com>, "CMake" <cmake at cmake.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [CMake] How to build INSTALL project from the command line?

Aaron,

Visual Studios should just be a driver for "nmake", so you could use:

cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" ..

and then use:

nmake install

The catch is that you have to run all that from the Visual Studio Command
Prompt so it knows where to find "nmake", "cl" and "link".

--
Shane Dixon
Linux Engineer