[CMake] Dependencies in Xcode files

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Nov 7 23:04:32 EST 2009

Daniel Dunbar wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The uses I'm seeing aren't on external targets, they are for internal
> libraries which are built during the build. Is this the same problem?

Pretty much the same problem.  A lot of it has to do with static
libraries, if you link a target to another target the Xcode way then you
can not specify the link order or multiple links of the target that
might be required for static builds.  I don't want all the complication
of trying to special case the shared libraries so the Makefile hacks are
used because it is a generic solution.

> Also, do you know if anyone has filed a bug with Apple tracking this issue?

I don't think so.  There might be some way to do this at this point, I
really have not investigated this recently.   The basic feature that
would get rid of the helper makefiles for targets would be a way to make
targets depend on an external file.

-Bill