[CMake] Compilation error in CVS head related to libcmlibarchive.a

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Nov 4 01:57:35 EST 2009

James Bigler wrote:
> I updated to CVS top of tree and tried to compile on my Mac.  I got the
> following error:
>
> Linking CXX executable ../bin/ccmake
> Undefined symbols:
>   "_lzmadec_init", referenced from:
>       _lzma_bidder_init in
> libcmlibarchive.a(archive_read_support_compression_xz.c.o)
>   "_lzmadec_decode", referenced from:
>       _lzma_filter_read in
> libcmlibarchive.a(archive_read_support_compression_xz.c.o)
>   "_lzmadec_end", referenced from:
>       _lzma_filter_close in
> libcmlibarchive.a(archive_read_support_compression_xz.c.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found
>

> I did a 'cvs update -dAP' which I believe should do the right thing.  I
> even deleted the build directory and reconfigured (only changing the
> install location).
>
> I'm using Mac 10.5.8 and GCC 4.0.1.  I compiled using the makefile
> generator.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Don't use CVS CMake right now...  :)

I am hoping to have it fixed up by Friday, but....

Anyway, before doing an update to CVS CMake, you should always look here:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CMake

I would recommend the CMake-2-8 branch as it should have most of what is
in CVS head, but not all the build problems that came with the
libarchive switch.  If you have patches for CVS CMake, feel free to post
them to the list... :)

Sorry for the trouble...

-Bill