[CMake] How to prefix fortran source files with special compile flag?

Kelly (KT) Thompson kt at transpireinc.com
Mon Nov 2 21:06:52 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately it looks like -Tf implies -fixed too so it does not
> work with free-format sources unless -free is also added.  We cannot
> add -free automatically because some sources might be fixed.  The
> solution ties into another item on my todo-list: we need a source
> file property to mark every source as fixed or free format.  It can
> default based on file extension.  The property would be used both
> for adding "-fixed"/"-free" flags and to aid the dependency scanner
> in identifying comments.

> -Brad

Thanks for looking into a more comprehensive correction.  I consider this
issue to be a failure of the Intel compiler.  At least their Windows version
allows you to specify additional extensions to treat as Fortran sources --
but no such luck under Linux.  In addition to the -free/-fixed option based
on file extenion, ifort also assumes preprocessed or not based on file
extension. (.f vs .F).  Yuck.

-kt