[CMake] Multiple COMMANDs in EXECUTE_PROCESS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 16 12:02:13 EDT 2009

David Cole wrote:
> sequentially...
>

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Denis Scherbakov
> <denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com <mailto:denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com>> wrote:
>

>     I have multiple commands specified in one EXECUTE_PROCESS call like:
>
>     EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND cmd1 ... COMMAND cmd2 ... COMMAND cmd3...)
>
>     Can anybody tell me if these commands are executed sequentially or in
>     parallel? Also what about ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND, .. TARGET and so on?

For add_custom_command and add_custom_target it is sequential.

For execute_process:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:execute_process

  "Runs the given sequence of one or more commands with the standard
   output of each process piped to the standard input of the next.  A
   single standard error pipe is used for all processes."