[CMake] Question about linking

Kaveh Kohan kaveh.kohan at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 13:43:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am relatively newbie to CMake community. I have a question and I would be thankful if anybody answers. I do apologize in advance if my question is too naive. I have a project created by Cmake. It produces an executable which is linked to many shared and static libraries. I am wondering what is the cmake option which brings all libraries including shared and static libraries inside of the executable and make it independent of other libraries. In the other words, I would like my final release to be independent of all .so (shared libraies). First of all, I would like to know whether it is possible or not and it it is how I can do that.  I have tried following but they didn't work:

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myProg  STATIC ${Libraries})

it didn't work.

I would appreciate if someone explain whether it is possibel and it is how I can do that.

Regards,
Kaveh