[CMake] Having difficulty with find_library()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:55:48 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de>wrote:

> It is kind of odd to test for the generator when the choice in fact depends
> on
> the compiler! What about e.g. Nmake?

Well the TBB libraries are set up in such a way that they depend on specific
versions of Visual Studio. How can I check for the compiler since this seems
to be the correct way of doing this?

> You miss the find 'lib' path suffix here:
>  find_library( TBB_LIBRARY tbb PATH_SUFFIXES ${TBB_PATH_SUFFIX}/lib )

Yes, this was one of the issues. I assumed that find_library would append
/lib for me when I specify PATH_SUFFIXES, however now I know that it does
not and I must do it manually.

Turns out the real issue was that I had the path wrong. In the part of the
path that read /ai32/, it should have been /ia32/.