[CMake] Cannot add a Dependency to INSTALL Target

david_bjornbak at agilent.com david_bjornbak at agilent.com
Thu Feb 26 12:43:05 EST 2009

Under CMakeLists.txt files, I want to add a dependency so Install will run a target

add_custom_target(3rd_party_install  ALL)

ADD_DEPENDENCIES(INSTALL 3rd_party_install )

When I run cmake, it complains INSTALL is not defined yet but, it is if I exclude this new depenency

-- Adding 3rd_party_install ALL DEPENDS -complist_install;tcltk_install-

CMake Error at tools/CMakeLists.txt:15 (ADD_DEPENDENCIES):

  add_dependencies Adding dependency to non-existent target: INSTALL

-dave b.