[CMake] Cmake replacement for AC_SEARCH_LIBS?

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Wed Feb 25 18:39:20 EST 2009

I'm working on replacing a autoconf/automake build with Cmake. One
thing I'm stuck on is replacing AC_SEARCH_LIBS. For example:

  AC_SEARCH_LIBS(dlopen, [dl],
		 [test "$ac_cv_search_dlopen" = "none required" ||
		  LIB_DLOPEN=$ac_cv_search_dlopen])
  AC_SUBST([LIB_DLOPEN])

Essentially, you can look through a list of possible libraries for a
given function/entrypoint. If a library is needed, it's remembered in
LIB_DLOPEN (in the example). But sometimes there's no library needed
to get the desired symbol. So, it's not really the same as
CheckLibraryExists... Is there something that does this in cmake?

Thanks,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Check out my networked programming blog at