[CMake] setting default pathnames for CMake

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Feb 25 16:44:08 EST 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009, scott mc wrote:
> I've compiled CMake for Haiku but it's insisting on putting some
> things into /usr/local which Haiku does not have and does not even
> allow.  Haiku uses /boot/common instead, so for most ports I've done
> with autotools we simply use ./configure --prefix=/boot/common, how is
> this done in CMake?
> -scottmc

If you are bootstrapping cmake, the same way, i.e. --prefix is supported by
the configure and bootstrap scripts in the cmake sources.

If you are building cmake with an already installed cmake, set
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, e.g. cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/boot/common <dir>

or you can use ccmake, you cmake-gui, or "make edit_cache" if you have already
a buildtree.

Alex