[CMake] CPack + NSIS: Dependencies between components

Johannes Stallkamp johannes.stallkamp at rub.de
Tue Feb 24 18:48:22 EST 2009

Hello,

I have a question concerning component-based install with CPack and NSIS:

Among others, I have a library libA and a component depending on that
library, appA.

Using CPACK_COMPONENT_APPA_DEPENDS I can achieve that libA is
installed if I select appA.

But: If appA is the only component depending on libA, is it possible
that it is automatically deselected with deselection of appA ?

In other words, I want to make sure, that libA is only installed if
appA is installed. As far as I can see, dependency checking only works
so far that libA is selected if I choose to install appA and that appA
is deselected if I uncheck libA.

The only workaround I could come up with so far is to disable all
components and let the user manually check the ones he wants. However,
that is very inconvenient and does not work if the indecisive user
subsequently unchecks that component again.

Am I missing something?
Any help is appreciated

Johannes