[CMake] Location of .idb, .pdb, and .ilk

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 04:27:51 EST 2009

2009/2/22 Hai Nguyen <chaoticbob at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I can control where these files end up? Or maybe, is there
> away I can control where the resulting .dll/.so file ends up apart from
> these files?

For .dll/.so you may set
(I don't know the behaviour of the .pdb, .ilk and the like)

CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY (CMake 2.6)
or
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH (CMake 2.4)

Those variables applies project-wide but you
may set-up the corresponding target property (RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY)
using set_target_properties.

see the doc:
cmake --help-variable CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
cmake --help-variable LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
cmake --help-property RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY

--
Erk