[CMake] Generator for Visual Studio 2008 with Intel C++ 11.0?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Feb 19 09:32:29 EST 2009

Jesse Perla wrote:
>> If ICProjConvert*.exe works you might be able to jurry-rig a .bat file or
>> something to convert your projects manually after CMake runs.

The real solution is to create a new sub-class of the visual studio
generator for the intel compiler, or maybe it is just a flag on the
existing generator.  Calling ICProjConvert seems like a bad idea, and I
would not accept a generator based on that solution into CMake.

> Last:
> 1. It is an annoyance when using the visual studio generators
> (independent of intel vs. msvc), the default project seems to be set
> to the ZERO_CHECK.  The "Build Solution" choice does seem to build the
> whole thing, but when you hit F5 to debug, it doesn't know the
> executable associated with the ZERO_CHECK.  In inevitably right click
> on my main project and choose "Set as Startup Project" to get this to
> work, but again this is wiped out everytime you change cmakelists.txt.
>  Is it dangerous to do this?  And is there any way to set the startup
> project as the one we want?  Of course, since we could be generating
> multiple executables, this would have to be some kind of a variable
> set in the CMAKELists or cache.  (e.g. set(VISUAL_STUDIO_STARTUP
> hello1) would set it to that executable target).
This stuff is stored in a binary file that CMake can not write.
However, the order of the projects in the .sln file seems to determine
the startup project, so this could be done by changing that order.  RC
15 does something different with the order, and should be more
consistent.  However, the VS startup target is still not specifiable.  I
think there is a feature request for this in the bug tracker...

-Bill