[CMake] Generator for Visual Studio 2008 with Intel C++ 11.0?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Feb 19 06:45:20 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:10 PM, <jesseperla at gmail.com> wrote:

> When you have the Intel C++ compiler installed over Visual Studio, you can
> choose to convert a visual studio project to Intel C++ in the menu.
>
> But I can't figure out how to create a visual studio project which uses the
> Intel Compiler/Project System automatically? The problem is that this is not
> a 1 time thing, since the visual studio projects are regenerated each time
> the cmakelists is changed.

CMake could use a generator for Intel C++ on windows.  There is a feature
request for this in the CMake bug tracker.  Someone suggested a command line
utility ICProjConvert*.exe which might be used to read in the CMake
generated project files and output Intel ones.  If you could give this a try
and let us know what command or commands you had to run to get it to work,
it might be a rather simple patch to tweak the existing Visual Studio
generators to call this command line app after generation is complete if the
Intel compiler is being used as the compiler.  A toplevel generator could
also be added for this as well to make it more convenient.

If ICProjConvert*.exe works you might be able to jurry-rig a .bat file or
something to convert your projects manually after CMake runs.

--
Philip Lowman