[CMake] creating custom make targets

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:41:54 EST 2009

No, this isn't create_custom_target- this is a generic target
(non-executable) that should only be built when the user specifies it
explicitly.

Basically, I have a bunch of unit tests (which want to convert to
CTest framework).  Each of these tests executes a command and compares
it's output to a pre-determined result.  A simple diff command
determines pass/fail.

Creating these pre-determined outputs is currently done via running:
make test_standard

Obviously, I don't want these test cases built each time I build, and
re-running cmake to specify an config var to do this would technically
work, but be annoying.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to create a new make target
"test_standard" and associate create_custom_target()'s to it.

Suggestions?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/