[CMake] open source project for CMake ports?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Feb 18 01:32:58 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/2/16 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> > Philip Lowman wrote:
> >>
> >> A tertiary goal would be convincing the 3rd party dependencies to switch
> >> to CMake for their native build systems.
>
> I don't really like the "propaganda" idea :-)
>
> Particularly for Open Source projects.
>
> Open Source is about choice and openess.
>
> I don't want to contribute to a voluntary CMake conversion.
> However I'll be glad (as usual) to help anyone requesting for help with
> CMake.

I assure you, should they not submit to mandatory CMake conversion of their
trunks, it will be death by a thousand patches! =)

Just kidding obviously.  Like I said, I think it's a tertiary goal.  =)
We'll probably send some friendly emails telling them what we did in the
hopes that someone is interested in merging the work or at least using it as
a baseline for something better.  I think every new release of MSVC pretty
much makes CMake adoption more and more likely.  Their conversion to the
dark side is nearly complete. muahahaha. =)

--
Philip Lowman