[CMake] warning "safe linker search path"

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Feb 18 01:05:37 EST 2009

I get a lot of these warnings (example below), because in
/usr/lib64 there are symlinks to the libGL files in
/usr/X11R6/lib64

Is there a correct (but still safe) way to make these warnings go away.
There are a lot of them (a couple per plugin - so on screen we get tens
of copies of the warnings).

I'm not sure if removing the symlinks is an option, but I can ask.

Thanks

JB

 CMake Warning at
/users/biddisco/code/pv-meshless/CMake/ParaViewPlugins.cmake:779
(ADD_LIBRARY):
   Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target
CSCS_Fluent_GUIPlugin
   because files in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit
   directories:

     link library [libGLU.so] in /usr/lib64 may be hidden by files in:
       /usr/X11R6/lib64
     link library [libGL.so] in /usr/lib64 may be hidden by files in:
       /usr/X11R6/lib64

   Some of these libraries may not be found correctly.
 Call Stack (most recent call first):

/users/biddisco/code/csviz/Shared/vtkCSCS/vtkFluent/pv3-plugin/CMakeLists.txt:48
(ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN)

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/