[CMake] ccmake not built on Linux 64

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:01:42 EST 2009

2009/2/17 Michael Jackson <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net>:
> I'll try that. I just did the apt-get thing to install the libncurses5-dev
> package and the cmake boot strapper still can not find the curses library.

I do build CMake 2.6-patch 3 RC-13  on Debian Lenny amd64
 and  ccmake did build fine.

However I did not bootstrap, I did build cmake with previous installed
cmake version.

Currently here are the installed ncurse<something> on my box,

$ aptitude search ncurse | grep "^i"
i A lib32ncurses5                   - shared libraries for terminal handling (32
i   libncurses5                     - shared libraries for terminal handling
i   libncurses5-dev                 - developer's libraries and docs for ncurses
i   libncursesw5                    - shared libraries for terminal handling (wi
i   libncursesw5-dev                - developer's libraries for ncursesw
i   ncurses-base                    - basic terminal type definitions
i   ncurses-bin                     - terminal-related programs and man pages
i   ncurses-term                    - additional terminal type definitions
$

May be the "w"-ide version of ncurse is needed because my default
locale is UTF-8.
I cannot be sure because I do not remember why libncursesw5* is installed :-)

My locale:

$ locale
LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"