[CMake] Install target is not called

Pavel Shevaev pacha.shevaev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 03:41:44 EST 2009

> If your binary to install is a CMake target (like in your example)
> you should use:
>
> install(targets foo
>            RUNTIME DESTINATION  ${foo_SOURCE_DIR}/bin)

This one didn't work neither :(

> moreover installing in ${foo_SOURCE_DIR} is a bit strange,

Well, there is a reason for this. My application is not supposed to be
installed to any public location(e.g /usr/local/bin) and for that
reason it places all binaries into the local bin directory not
polluted with CMake's internal stuff.

> SET(CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/bin)

That did the trick, thank you so much! However, I'm still wondering
why install doesn't work since I may need some handy stuff provided
with install...

--
Best regards, Pavel