[CMake] ctest with cmake without compiler

Verweij, Arjen arjen.verweij at tass-safe.com
Mon Feb 9 05:18:33 EST 2009

Hi,

Yes, it certainly disables some checks. Thanks for the pointer.

However, on an NT system without Visual Studio for instance, but with
nmake.exe (or make.exe of msys), I still cannot have cmake generate
Makefiles:

$ cmake .
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"Visual Studio 6".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to
select a different build tool.

The CMakeFiles directory is mostly empty except for cmake.check_cache
which only contains comments.

What I want, is to be able to deploy a tarball or an installer, install
some test tools, and test the binaries that were provided in a "clean"
environment, like a virtual machine. Testing on build machines is
undesirable. Setting CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM to (n)make.exe does not help.

Regards,

Arjen