[CMake] linking error with libraries

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Feb 5 08:31:28 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:16 AM, ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Actually iam linking an excutable to the libraries which is not in the
> curretn project meanas they are in other folder outside it.
>
> i am linking it using target link libraries by giving the entire path of
> the libraries but still it shows error .
>
> if I am missing something please tell me what else ned to be done.

Ankin,

This way of doing things isn't optimal, but should work.  Examine your call
to target_link_libraries() in the CMakeLists.txt file, the relevant output
when you run "make VERBOSE=1", and a directory listing where the file is
located.

Your problem is most likely an incorrect path to the library, inadequate
linking (i.e. you need to link additional libraries to the target), or file
permissions.

--
Philip Lowman