[CMake] JWASM support

Dmitry Bely dmitry.bely at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:03:25 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:
> Dmitry Bely schrieb:
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Alexander Neundorf
>> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>>> Hmm, if it is able to build masm files I think it should be added as an
>>> additional compiler name in CMakeDetermineASM_MASMCompiler.cmake, I think a
>>> separate ASM "dialect" shouldn't be necessary here.
>>
>> OK, but then how to select which assembler should be used: masm or
>> jwasm? Both can be present.
>
> By presetting the right cmake variable? If both output for the same
> architecture and both accept the same input, why does it matter which
> one you use?

Basically the syntax is same but there are some features, bugs etc.
E.g. jwasm does not yet support debug info. So for native Windows
builds I would prefer masm over jwasm.

> If you use a toolchain file because you are cross-compiling, then you do
> not have this problem.

I would like to use the same CMakeLists.txt for native Win32 and
cross-compiled Linux build. How to select the desired assembler then?

- Dmitry Bely