[CMake] ASM support

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Feb 2 16:46:47 EST 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Phil Smith wrote:
> You're too generous -- I looked yesterday :-(
>
> Anyway, I've followed those instructions (I think) but it's not working.
> I'm using ASM_DIGNUS as the assembler name. The ASM_DIGNUS files I've added
> (shown below) are all in Modules\ (the page is a bit vague on where they
> should go).

Yes, that's the correct place.

> CMakeASM_DIGNUSInformation.cmake:
> ------------------------
> set(ASM_DIALECT _DIGNUS)
Remove the ".cmake" from the filename, this makes it search in the current
directory instead of the modules directory:
> include(CMakeASMInformation.cmake)
> set(ASM_DIALECT _DIGNUS)

The following three should also have the "_DIGNUS":

> SET(CMAKE_ASM_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS asm)
> SET(CMAKE_ASM_OUTPUT_EXTENSION ".o" )
> SET(CMAKE_ASM_COMPILE_OBJECT "<CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER> -o <OBJECT> <SOURCE>")
>
> CMakeDetermineASM_DIGNUSCompiler.cmake:
> set(ASM_DIALECT _DIGNUS)
> set(CMAKE_ASM_DIGNUS_COMPILER "rexx.exe cc.rex")
Try setting CMAKE_ASM_DIGNUS_COMPILER_INIT instead of
CMAKE_ASM_DIGNUS_COMPILER, but it should actually work.