[CMake] add_definitions affects rc.exe call

Nicolas Desprès nicolas.despres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:42:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm using cmake-2.6.4 to build a project using Visual C++ 2005 and the
Unix Makefile generator. At the beginning of my main CMakeLists.txt I
have something like that:

add_definitions(/Zc:wchar_t- /nologo /wd4996 /wd4290)

Everything compile fine except the build of the RC object of my
binary. I get this error:

fatal error RC1212: invalid option - /z argument missing substitute font name

It seems that /Zc:wchar_t- and /nologo are not understood by rc.exe.
So I've fixed the probleme by writting

set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} /Zc:wchar_t- /nologo /wd4996 /wd4290")

I'm not sure if it is the right way to do it but it works.

Does add_definitions supposed to affects the list of argument passed to rc.exe ?

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Desprès