[CMake] Out-of-source builds

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Tue Sep 30 09:26:44 EDT 2008

It seems that an out-of-source build must be part of the same directory structure (this is Windows).

To whit:

- Source is under c:\svn\Toolkit\IBMport\vtk-core
- If I'm in c:\svn\Toolkit\IBMport\, I can cmake just fine
- If I'm in c:\temp\, cmake with fully qualified toolchain and path (c:\svn\Toolkit\IBMport\) works, but then make fails because some of the targets have "c:" prefixed and that irritates make
- If I'm in c:\temp\, cmake withOUT fully qualified toolchain and/or path fails, trying to (for some reason) append svn\Toolkit\IBMport\ as a relative path onto c:\temp\, even though the toolchain/path passed has a leading backslash.

Is this a bug? Or necessary/deliberate behavior? The last case at least seems wrong offhand.

I tinkered with /cygdrive/c/etc. but couldn't get that to work either.
--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III
phil at voltage.com