[CMake] Assembler and C++ for the same target

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 26 19:17:40 EDT 2008

Stefan Weber wrote:
> set(${CMAKE_ASM_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS} "s;S")
>
> but this does not help. To debug this, I do the following on the next line
>
> message("${CMAKE_ASM_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS}")
>
> Strangly, this does not print anything, just an empty line. Why is that?

Well, you didn't set CMAKE_ASM_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS to "s;S". You set
whatever variable name you get from expanding that to "s;S", which may
or may not work, but is regardless almost certainly not what you want.

I think you meant:
set(CMAKE_ASM_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS "s;S")

--
Matthew
"Who wants to sing?" -- Orcs (Warcraft II)