[CMake] [New Module] Protocol buffers

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Sep 25 13:58:48 EDT 2008

Mike Arthur wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008 17:36:52 Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Please see here:
> <snip>
>> New modules added to the bug tracker are generally ignored.  Patches for
>> existing ones are assigned to the maintainer.
> It would be nice if you could send the above links and close the bug instead
> rather than ignoring them. I realise its more work (also feeling the pain of a
> customer bug tracker here) but its infinitely more helpful.

Ignore is a bit strong on my side, however, you are right I should close
new module ones, and give the links.  I will do that at some point.

> http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=7691
> This has a very simple patch but no comments or assignments and, as far as I
> can tell from the above links, the module is maintained by Kitware.

I have updated http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers for
FindQt4.  I have also assigned the bug.

> I did post all my modules that I posted to the bug tracker to this mailing
> list too. I didn't put "[New Module]" in the subject line or attach the files,
> instead linking to the attachment in the bugtracker.
>
> Should I redo this?

No.  Do you want to maintain them?  If so, send me an email off the list.

-Bill