[CMake] [New Module] Xerces-C

Timenkov Yuri ytimenkov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:46:13 EDT 2008

This week I played with xerces too :) but on windows, so I suppose there
will be different view point on this problem.

1) I think using FIND_PATH(XERCESC_INCLUDE_DIR
xercesc/util/XercesVersion.hpp) is slightly better, because there may be
different xercesc files or directories.

2) SET(XERCESC_NAMES xerces-c xerces-c_2)
On windows, dlls are called xerces-c_2_8.dll and xerces-c_2_8D.dll (though
their import conterparts are xerces-c_2.lib and xerces-c_2D.lib, so there
should not be a problem on Visual Studio, but I don't know how they are
called for mingw).
Next, because xerces-c provides debug and release libraries, I can propose
playing with imported targets (
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Importing_Targets), this may
become good reference.

So, for completeness, you can try looking for debug library too, and then
use (as it done in FindBoost.cmake).
SET( XERCESC_LIBRARIES optimized ${XERCESC_LIBRARY} debug
${XERCESC_LIBRARY_DEBUG})

Of course, if you don't want to play with new features, your file will work
in 90% cases :)