[CMake] Dependencies and ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Sep 24 15:35:49 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-24 11:47-0700 Phil Smith wrote:

> Well, I now know why the first question got no responses: it made no sense to those who understand things. Turns out there was another CMakeLists.txt in the tree that was busted -- someone else checked in a bad copy. And not even realizing that there was more than one such file, I never compared it to the working tree!
>
> So...any takers on the ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES question?

In my opinion, the best way to learn CMake is to look at the combination of
the documentation (http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html) and a
working CMake-based build system.  CMake itself is built with CMake so that
is a good candidate. So is KDE.  Those are the two I used for ideas when I
helped to put together the PLplot CMake-based build system, and hopefully by
now that is a reasonably good candidate to look at as well.  For example,
examples/ada/CMakeLists.txt in the PLplot source tree (see
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/examples/ada/CMakeLists.txt)
successfully uses the ADDITIONAL_MAKE_CLEAN_FILES property.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).