[CMake] CMake Error: The source directory "./build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp" does not exist.

Roger Martin waldensianspirit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:58:52 EDT 2008

Setting the full path fixes it.  I'm wondering, on relative paths, if the
cmake home/bin directory is the root.

Yes, ./ is the current directory of the project from where I run a cmd
script.

With the paths fixed as you pointed out, I then get an error dialog with ...
The C compiler "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
  9.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.
But by hand-build-environment, I can compile and link a 64 bit program with
cl.exe and the Windows SDK

I use Netbeans and Visual C++ 2008 Express IDE's.

But for some complex projects such as http://www.openscenegraph.org CMake is
the right tool.