[CMake] Fortran dependency fixes

Myers, Gary myersgt at bettis.gov
Tue Sep 23 10:23:13 EDT 2008

I have been using the Fortran dependency generator named makedepf90
(Erik Edelmann - 2.8.8) for years now.  Recently, we have encountered a
bug in this application (infinite loop within the parser).  I noticed
that Fortran dependencies are generated in cmake with the use of an
adaptation of makedepf90. Furthermore, I noticed that there seems to be
a patch in cmake indicating that the infinite loop problem has been
fixed.

My problem is that there are significant differences between the
adaptation of makedepf90 in cmake from the original open source
(makedepf90 version 2.8.8) for me to back out the fix.  One solution
would be to just move over to the use of cmake, but this will not happen
within our established processes.  Is there a Fortran dependencies guru
who can explain the recent changes to the makedepf90 (lex/yacc) which
enhanced the support of the Fortran dependencies in cmake?

-Gary