[CMake] CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET change in CMAKE

Joachim de Vries jvr at ashampoo.com
Tue Sep 23 04:09:04 EDT 2008

CMake version 2.7-20080708

Mac OSX 10.5
XCode 3.0

I had to get the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set correctly in the generated
XCode projects. I tried a lot but
could'nt find a solution so I had a look at the source and could'nt find
anything about CMAKE_OSX_DELPOYMENT_TARGET. It seemed to me like a not
used settings. So I made a change:

in cmGlobalXCodeGenerator.cxx at:

line 2467:
const char* deploymentTarget =
    this->CurrentMakefile->GetDefinition("CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET");
 if(osxArch && sysroot && deploymentTarget)

line 2517:
if (deploymentTarget)
        {
            buildSettings->AddAttribute("MAC_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET",
                                  this->CreateString(deploymentTarget));
          }

Is this ok or do you think it maybe could cause a problem?

Can you change this in one of your next cmake versions?

Regards
Joachim de Vries