[CMake] how to link with a system library ?

Robert Haines rhaines at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 06:28:33 EDT 2008

> CMake Error: GTK NOT FOUND
> -- Configuring done
> make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 255
>
> GTK 2.0 comes into my Kubuntu 8.0.4 system with a standard debian
> package. Nothing customized. All in standard paths.

Make sure you have the development package installed as well as that
is where the .h files are. It'll be called something like gtk-dev or
something in Synaptic.

The K/ubuntu standard install includes very few dev packages by
default and I tend to find that it takes a while for me to get around
to installing them all as and when I need them...

Rob