[CMake] Small, realistic Cpack example

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 16 12:28:25 EDT 2008

On 9/16/08 10:19 AM, "Benjamin Reed" <rangerrick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Mike Jackson
> <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
>
>> Tim. I absolutely applaud your efforts to get something working on OS X.
>> With the lack of anything else your solution was the only thing available
>> and did work. Philosophically I don't like the idea of setting the
>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as that has some unknown implications and would rather see
>> a solution that runs install_name_tool over the needed libraries to fix them
>> up. Again, due to the lack of anything else, your solution does work.
>
> If nothing else, it might be enough to use DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH
> instead...  But install_name_tool is better.

To clarify, the bundle generator allows you to provide a startup script,
which can be as simple as you like - you can use DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH
or whatever else meets your needs, the generator doesn't force you to do
anything you don't want.

That said, there's no argument that install_name_tool is the right solution
in the end.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead
Scalable Analytics & Visualization (1424)